Organizations that qualify for consideration for funding must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A clear understanding of poverty in the community being served.
- Programming that is well-informed by the use of research and/or best practice models.
- Clear measurements of success.
- Partnerships with other nonprofits, businesses, faith-based organizations and/or government entities.
- Programs engage the community that is being served.
- Evidence of other funding sources or potential sources.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in both organizational practices and program delivery.
- Clear Connection to the Foundation’s Mission and values
- All programs are open to and accessible to all individuals experiencing poverty who qualify for program services regardless of race, country of origin, religion, or citizenship status.
- Able to provide documentation of nonprofit status.
- Organization has been fully operating for at least one (1) year.
- An operating budget.
- Recipients of services are in South Carolina.
- Align with Together SC’s guiding principles and best practices for nonprofits in South Carolina.
- Organizations adhere to lobbying limits established by the federal government for organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation.
- General operating expenses
- Program-specific expenses
- Costs associated with capacity-building (including strategic planning, program evaluation, staff training, board development, etc.)
We do not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Organizations that have been operating for less than one (1) year