Our Sponsorship opportunities are intended to support events that further our mission of reducing poverty in South Carolina. These funding opportunities are provided to events and programs that are centered on serving members of the community who are experiencing poverty or to provide continued knowledge, skills, insight to individuals who serve those communities. Sponsorships funds will not be approved for Galas, Fundraiser Tickets, Capital Campaigns, etc.
Parameters of Sponsorship Opportunities
- Program should centered on reducing poverty through addressing a gap in resources, skills, or knowledge within community.
- Examples include: Trainings, Community Events, Workshops, Conferences, Community Education, etc.
- Requesting organizations must be a 501(c)(3).
- Requests can be made for up to $2,500 and will be reviewed and determined by Foundation staff.
2023 Sponsorship Information
Sponsorship Request Instructions and Deadline Information
Sponsorship request forms will be received and reviewed on a quarterly basis throughout the year. To provide structure for the request process, please see the below instructions and deadlines for additional guidance on how and when to submit your sponsorship request form. (Fund requests will be prioritized based on when the request is received and the date the funds are needed.)
- Determine what date you will need sponsorship funds (if selected) and review which round you should submit a request form.
- Create account through our Grants Portal (linked below through “Complete Request” button) and submit request. (If you already have an account through our portal, you will use that account to access the Sponsorship request form.)
- You will receive a response with next steps approximately one week after the request form closes for the round.
*If you have any questions or technical issues, please contact SK DeVenny.
- Round 1: Funds needed between March 22nd – June 21st
- Request Form Opens: January 1st
- Request Form Closes: March 1st
- Notifications and Fund Disbursements for Round 1: By March 22nd
- Round 2: Funds needed between June 22nd – September 21st
- Request Form Opens: April 1st
- Request Form Closes: June 1st
- Notifications and Fund Disbursements for Round 2: By June 22nd
- Round 3: Funds needed between September 22nd – December 21st
- Request Form Opens: July 1st
- Request Form Closes: September 1st
- Notifications and Fund Disbursements for Round 3: By September 22nd
- Round 4: Funds needed between December 22nd – March 21st
- Request Form Opens: October 1st
- Request Form Closes: December 1st
- Notifications and Fund Disbursements for Round 4: By December 22nd
*If you need funds prior to the date outlined in “Notifications and Fund Disbursements” of a given round, please reach out to SK DeVenny. Organizations are only eligible to receive one (1) sponsorship per year.
Round 3 Request Form Opens
Round 3 Request Form Closes
Round 3 Decisions
By September 22nd
Sponsorship Requests Form for Round 3 Will Open
Hide this video
Explore the nonprofits we support that are meeting the immediate needs, working to break the cycle and developing systems to bring individuals and families out of poverty.