Cover letter is required
Deadline for Applications is January 17, 2019
Email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Communications Specialist
Reports To: Vice President of Programs and the Foundation President
The Communications Specialist develops and oversees Foundation internal and external marketing and communication strategies including media relations, website content development and management, social media, branding, market messaging and public relations pieces for projects; serves as a community resource and Foundation representative. They also help facilitate information dissemination around successful grants and other programs and projects involving Foundation grantees.
- Develop and lead the Foundation communication plan within existing resources
- Develop and update Foundation communication plan; share with staff and board
- Identify key message standards/ brand standards based on specific audiences
- Develop working relationships with vendors
- Collaborate with staff to insure that communication content is relevant and accurate
- Coordinate with lead staff and Board to provide updates to Community Engagement Committee
Marketing Collateral for Communication Strategy
- Write content for Foundation marketing materials including newsletters, annual reports
- Develop, as needed, materials for marketing Foundation events or programs
- Write news articles and press releases
- Maintain strong working relationships with media
- Coordinate media coverage of Foundation initiatives and responses
- Write content for and oversee strategy for Foundation website
- Supervise and direct Foundation social media communication systems
- Lead effort to provide information around success stories of grantees around the state.
- seek opportunities to disseminate information regarding successful grants, programs, and outcomes both to the general public and the Foundation’s core audiences.
- facilitate specific pieces and publications relating to program or policy activities of the Foundation as needed. Will work closely with other departments of the Foundation and/or the President of the Foundation to identify areas that will be pursued.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and core values of the Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to seven years’ experience in non-profit communication; experience in designing a comprehensive communication strategy preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills coupled with organizational skills and sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to work internally and externally with diverse people to promote common missions
- Solid team player that builds collegial working relationship with all Foundation staff
- Ability to create marketing content to communicate to Foundation stakeholders
- Experienced in media relations
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and to be an organizational consultant, gathering content for marketing materials
- Ability to think critically and strategize creatively with internal and external stakeholders to communicate about the work of the Foundation and the its mission to reduce poverty in South Carolina
- Ability to understand program content of grantees in order to share information with public