Community Enrichment grants are designed to provide financial support to organizations whose services go beyond meeting fundamental needs and will help break the cycle of poverty for program participants and/or their families. Programs funded through Community Enrichment grants are implementing best practices to address root causes of poverty and demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of the issues surrounding poverty. Community Enrichment Grant funding requests may be for new programs within proven organizations, existing programs with proven success, strategic planning, collaborative projects, or other justifiable programs that go a step further than meeting immediate needs and provide life change for people being served.
Before You Apply
Criteria for Application
- Applicants should have a 501(c)3 tax exempt status and provide programs or services within South Carolina.
- Applicants cannot be newly established nonprofits.
- Applicants should not apply for other categories of Foundation grant funding when applying for Community Enrichment Grants. Funds are limited and the grants process is competitive.
- The proposed program should be able to directly connect to the Foundation’s mission and the purpose of the grant category.
- Organizations applying for Community Enrichment Grant funding should have short and long term goals and objectives, and they should be able to provide measurable outcomes.
- All applications must be received by the Foundation no later than 11:59 p.m. on the due date.
Important Information about Community Enrichment Grants
- A pre-application is used to determine eligibility. After a thorough review process, the Foundation will extend invitations for eligible full applications to be submitted.
- An invitation to submit a full application does not guarantee funding.
The 2019 Community Enrichment pre-application submissions process has ended. Applications will no longer be accepted for this year’s grant cycle. Please apply for a Community Enrichment grant in 2020.
For more information or questions about Community Enrichment grants,
email Meredith Mathews, Program Manager.