In omnibus caritas.
Just as the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine lived by these words (which mean in all things charity), so do we as the Foundation that bears their name. Caritas grants support programs that are meeting the fundamental needs of people experiencing poverty. While some of our funding is focused on breaking the cycle of poverty, we also strongly believe in the value of programming that meets the immediate needs of people currently experiencing poverty.
Before You Apply
Criteria for Application
- Applicants should have a 501(c)3 tax exempt status and provide programs or services within South Carolina
- Applicants should not apply for other categories of Foundation grant funding when applying for Caritas Grants. Funds are limited and the grants process is competitive.
- The application should give reviewers a clear picture of the barriers faced by people experiencing poverty in your community and how your proposed program addresses these barriers.
- The proposed program should be able to directly connect to the Foundation’s mission and the purpose of the grant category.
- All applications must be received by the Foundation no later than 11:59 p.m. on the due date.
Important Information about Caritas Grants
- The Foundation accepts applications for Caritas grants biannually. The deadlines are the first Tuesday of March and September.
- Please remember, grant cycles are 12 months.
- If your organization receives a Caritas grant in March, you are eligible to reapply for funds the following March.
- If your organizations receives a Caritas grant in September, you are eligible to apply the following September.
The next Caritas application deadline is September 3, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. The application will be available July 1.
For a list of our current Caritas grantees, click here.
For more information or questions about Caritas grants, email Meredith Mathews.