The Language of Leadership
This experiential workshop presents a unique opportunity for you as a leader to increase your self-awareness and understand the key factors which prevent you from moving forward on stated goals, overcoming obstacles, or sustaining those changes you have worked so hard to develop. Using the strategies and framework Robert Kegan & Lisa Laskow Lahey developed in How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: 7 Languages for Transformation, we will engage in a creative process of self-discovery to explore and rectify some of the gaping disparities between what we profess is a concern in our organizations and what our language and actions actually demonstrate.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Discover and articulate the core commitments which underlie your most common complaints
- Identify the learning opportunities which arise from conflict
- Describe ways for you, as well as your employees, to make the shift from blaming to accepting personal accountability
- Examine which behaviors stem from assumptions rather than truths and begin the process of reversing this trend
- Create a customized process model and action template to ensure movement towards and actualization of individual and organizational goals
Dr. Leslie Bessellieu is an executive coach, professional speaker, consultant and licensed clinical psychologist. For more than 20 years, she has empowered individuals to explore personal and professional goals by venturing into new areas, examining negative mindsets, effectively weighing options to consider positive, more realistic perspectives, identifying and overcoming blind spots and designing action plans to lead with more confidence and effectiveness. She is the owner of Transformations Consulting & Leadership company.
As an executive coach, Dr. Bessellieu assists clients in creating a plan that’s unique to them in defining and expressing their leadership and communicating their expectations with staff more effectively, which results in improved job satisfaction as well as organizational performance. Through a focus on leadership development, clients learn to adopt a strengths-based leadership style to develop their employees. They also gain an increased understanding of the interpersonal dynamics within their teams and direct reports, which enables them to display more flexibility in their communication style under periods of high stress versus low stress. Workshop participants often highlight her relaxed, yet engaging style and appreciate the added insight and clarity on their next steps.