The Immigrant Families Initiative seeks to improve the health, well-being and economic mobility of first and second generation immigrants, mixed status families and refugees working alongside our grantees, community stakeholders and philanthropic partners by achieving the following results:
- boost resources of families living below 200% of the poverty line to meet basic needs of a safe, stable place to live, access to enough food, affordable health coverage and quality child care;
- build inclusive, welcoming communities increasing social capital of newcomers;
- employ two generation strategies to strengthen and support families;
- improve educational outcomes from early childhood to postsecondary educational pathways;
- enhance workforce and career skills for family-sustaining employment or entrepreneurship;
- support DREAMers positioning them for success and next generation leadership;
- bolster efforts to obtain citizenship, naturalization or other legal statuses;
- increase civic engagement to strengthen communities and create social change.
Funding in this category is for strong nonprofit organizations whose work aligns with our mission and two or more of the above targeted results we seek to achieve. Each applicant must present a solid, established plan for measuring their goals, outcomes and results to demonstrate targeted impact. We partner with nonprofits willing to collaborate, share emerging ideas and promising practice models for potential replication. We welcome opportunities to dialogue and partner with other funders for greater leverage and deeper grantmaking impact.