This course will help leaders to avoid common mistakes by first highlighting and understanding the things that are most important to their organizations, their employees, and themselves. They will then explore behaviors, beliefs, and traits that either facilitate or impede progress and success, with an overview of practical ways to develop and build on positive and productive leadership behaviors, thus avoiding mistakes and achieving desired results.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Clarify their organization’s values and mission and describe barriers to reaching them
- Describe how stress/pressure impact behavior both favorably and adversely
- Incorporate practices to enhance leadership under pressure
- Understand the components of the Human Attentional System and how it affects what and how we notice the world around us
- Explain the role of focus, confidence, commitment, and adaptability as tools for more effective performance in leadership
- Recognize key components of their Attentional and Interpersonal style under pressure and how they might address specific behaviors to make changes
- Explain the common nature and course of difficult conversations in their organizations
- Propose options for handling difficult conversations in more effective ways
- Understand their own tendencies for communicating under stress
- Describe a model for effective communication
- Develop the ability to create simple but clear plan for gaining commitment, establishing accountability, and following up
Ron Harvey is the founder and Vice President of Global Core Strategies & Consulting LLC. Ron is a trusted advisor and an expert in helping organizations reduce the loss of top talent. He focuses on individuals, teams and organizations with achieving and maintain high levels of sustainable performance by enhancing the leader experience, enabling and elevating employee engagement and coaching business professionals in dynamic leadership development. His career has not only spanned years across the military, but also a variety of business sectors. He is retired from the United States Army has more than 28 years of leadership experience of working with leaders at all levels. He has served as a leadership educator, executive coach, facilitator, program manager, trainer, and mentor. He has a distinguished record for helping organizations and individuals develop strategies to achieve optimal results by: building trust, developing relationships, putting people first, and becoming influential and effective communicators- “Leadership Matters”.
Ron excels in inspiring lasting transformations in leaders and organizations that value more than just revenues and maximizing shareholder value. Ron believes that the culture of any organization is driven by the leaders of the organization. He has one goal no matter what it is that he is doing, and that is to be intentional about adding value to the lives of the people that he has the opportunity to support.
He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, and MBA from Trident University. He currently pursuing his Professional Coaching Certification through Georgetown University and the International Coaching Federation.
Reframe How You Train: The presentation will focus on identifying and using the most effective methods to help learns get the most out of the training and increase their capacity to retain the information after the training is done. You will be able to identify several methods to increase your capability to develop others without telling them what to do.