Meredith Mathews, Program Director
2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 115
Columbia, South Carolina 29204
803.254.0230, extension 16
Meredith Mathews manages overall grantmaking strategy and systems improvement. As Program Manager, she oversees Caritas and Community Enrichment grants. Meredith provides context to applications and funding recommendations while working alongside grantee partners to engage, connect with, and support them in meeting their goals. In addition to her grantmaking role, she coordinates engagement with Catholic Women Religious throughout the state and is a member of the Foundation’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee, which is charged with leading internal and external activities to maintain organizational accountability for the intentional deepening of knowledge and commitment to the practice of DEI.
Meredith graduated Summa Cum Laude from Columbia College where she majored in Psychology and minored in French, Philosophy and Gender Studies. She completed her undergraduate clinical psychology internship through Davidson College at Broughton Hospital. Meredith holds a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Duke University and currently serves as a reading tutor with Midlands Reading Consortium.
“Gratitude goes beyond the ‘mine’ and ‘thine’ and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift. In the past I always thought of gratitude as a spontaneous response to the awareness of gifts received, but now I realize that gratitude can also be lived as a discipline. The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy.” -Henri Nouven
- B.A. in Psychology and Minors in Philosophy, French, and Gender and Women’s Studies (Columbia College, Columbia, SC)
- French Studies (CIDEF at Université catholique de l’Ouest, Angers, France); Certificate in Nonprofit Management (Duke University, Durham, NC).
- 2017 Blueprint for Leadership Graduate; reading tutor with Midlands Reading Consortium (2015-present)
- Columbia College: Graduated summa cum laude
- Received the Outstanding Psychology Student Award and Excellence in Philosophy Award