FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sisters of Charity Foundation of S.C. funds programs to assist South Carolinians experiencing poverty
Through their Fall Caritas Grant, Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina has invested more than $350,000 in 77 nonprofit organizations who meet the immediate needs of people experiencing poverty throughout South Carolina.
“Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina is inspired by the recipients of the 2019 Fall Caritas Grant. These nonprofits use grant funding to address immediate needs and enhance people’s lives across our great state,” said Tom Keith, president of Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina. “By being knowledgeable about their communities, our grantee partners are able to provide valuable services. They’re also examples of good to the rest of us.”
Caritas grant recipients serve all of South Carolina’s counties. These nonprofit organizations provide a wide range of services including health care, food pantries, assistance to families and individuals in crisis, legal assistance and afterschool care.
To view the full list of Fall Caritas Grant recipients, click here.
About Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina is a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System, founded in 1996. Their mission is to address the various needs of those experiencing poverty throughout the state of South Carolina. Through the strategic use of resources, they seek to reduce poverty through action, advocacy and leadership.
# # # #
2019 Fall Caritas Grantee Partners
- Anderson Free Clinic
- Area Churches Together Serving Acts
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired – South Carolina
- Beyond Our Walls
- Bluffton Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine
- Bluffton Self Help
- Boys & Girls Club of the Lowcountry
- Bridges for End-Of-Life
- Carolina Youth Development Center
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Charleston
- Charleston Legal Access
- Children’s Cancer Centers of the Carolinas
- Children’s Recovery Center, Inc.
- Circle of Hope Ministries
- Classy Smiles
- Community Kitchen of Myrtle Beach
- Community Medical Clinic of Kershaw County
- Developmental Center for Exceptional Children
- Dillon County First Steps
- East Cooper Community Outreach
- Eau Claire Shalom Ministries
- Edisto Indian Free Clinic
- Family Promise of Anderson County
- Free Medical Clinic of Darlington County
- Freedom Readers, Inc.
- Friends of Momentum Bike Clubs
- Friendship Medical Clinic and Pharmacy
- Friendship Place
- Golden Corner Food Pantry
- Good Samaritan Clinic
- Great Falls Referral Assistance Service Project
- Greer Relief & Resources Agency
- Healthy Smiles of Spartanburg
- HELP of Summerville
- Hilton Head Island Safe Harbour, Inc.
- Homeless Period Project
- Hope Center for Children
- Hope in Lancaster, Inc.
- Hopeful Horizons
- Hospice and Palliative Care Foundation of South Carolina
- Impact America
- Jasmine Road, Inc.
- Lighthouse Ministries
- Loaves & Fishes
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief
- LRADAC Foundation
- Meals on Wheels of Greenville, Inc.
- Memory Matters
- Mental Health America Aiken
- Mercy Medicine Clinic
- Meyer Center for Special Children
- Midlands Mediation Center
- Operation Home
- Palmetto Place Children’s Shelter
- Pendleton Place
- Pickens County Meals on Wheels
- Rebuild Upstate
- Richland Library
- Ride To Work Ministry Nonprofit, Inc.
- Safe Harbor, Inc.
- Sandalwood Community Food Pantry
- Sea Haven
- Servants for Sight
- Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands
- St. Cyprian Outreach Center
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
- Taylors Free Medical Clinic
- Teachers’ Supply Closet
- The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
- The Green Heart Project
- Trident Literacy Association
- United Center for Community Care
- United Way of Kershaw County
- Volunteers in Medicine
- YMCA of Greenville
- York County Free Clinic