In omnibus caritas.
Just as the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine lived by these words, (which mean in all things charity) so do we, as the Foundation that bears their name.
- Caritas Grants provide support to organizations dealing with situational poverty and/or fundamental needs of individuals and families in South Carolina.
- Programs that focus on providing food, clothing, shelter, free health services, necessary home repairs, basic educational programming transportation and other direct services fall under the criteria for consideration for Caritas Grants.
- Applicants should have a 501(c)3 tax exempt status and provide programs or services within South Carolina.
- Caritas grant awards vary in size (proportional to an organization’s operating budget) and are generally designed for organizations with annual budgets of less than $900,000.
- However, if your organization focuses on fundamental needs like those listed above but your operating budget is larger than $900,000.00, you may still qualify for consideration. Contact the Program Team to discuss the possibility of waiving this requirement for your application.
- Applicants should not apply for other categories of Foundation grant funding when applying for Caritas Grants. Funds are limited and the grants process is competitive.
- The Foundation accepts applications for Caritas grants biannually: The deadlines are the first Tuesday of April and October.
- All applications must be received by the Foundation no later than 11:59 p.m. on the date due.
Next Deadline: April 4, 2017 at 11:59 PMCurrent Grantees
Already started an application?
Click below to log in to your account and open a saved application.Login
For more information or questions on Caritas grants,
Contact Meredith Mathews for more information.